Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DISNEYLAND Vacation

So we FINALLY got our trip to Disneyland.

My youngest has been waiting 5 long years (and I found it to be an equally painful long wait) for his first trip to visit Mickey Mouse AT HIS HOUSE -- I wish I was in his head when we told him we were going. He was so excited but then I wondered, what does he really think this place is? He's seen pictures, he knows the Hot Dog Dance, he's been to the live shows (which we won tickets to), he has seen some youtube video's of the rides...but what does he really know about DisneyLAND? What are the rides really, how big IS the castle, the characters he can touch...

I LOVE Disney!

So I was doing the happy dance and bouncing up and down when my hubby gave me the go ahead to book the trip. I had been actively saving money for 2 years prior. I found a great package deal thru Costco Travel, got all the "extras" we decided were MUST's and came in way under budget! I was ecstatic....

We had an early entry to the park and were in the front of the line waiting for them to lower the rope and let us "run" free. I was able to snap this unobstructed photo zooming in all the way with my little point and shoot. I was pleased it didn't come out blurry! When my 5 year old saw the castle upon coming onto Main Street he was bouncing up and down and pointing....THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS! The Castle, it's right there, can we go can we go? It was great.


There were a lot of attractions closed between the 2 parks but this was the time that worked best around work schedules so we had to just go. I couldn't wait any longer, hubby was ready for the trip and my son was just dying with excitement to see what this place was all about. My oldest had been twice before -- it wasn't until I told him we were going to an all you can eat buffet at Goofy's Kitchen that he got REALLY excited about going. What is it with teenage boys and food? Whatever, at least I had all the family just as excited as I was to go! But hubby made it clear -- this was our last trip to Disneyland. There were other destinations he'd like to save vacation money up to visit so we had to make the most of this one. I was bummed we couldn't ride Splash Mountain. I had been telling my youngest that we'd go to Disneyland when he was tall enough to ride Splash Mountain. He finally had the height, we had the money and the time and it was closed. We went anyways....he walked past the ride a couple times and he peered through the walled off areas wondering about what was inside that he'd never get to see...it was a sad sight but he didn't complain!

We spent just 4 days in the park, traveling also on day 1 and 4. We were able to do it all -- we actually had the best time together! I think it was one of our all time best trips ever!! It was so good that about a week after we had returned, hubby said he missed being there and he'd like to go again...soon. We shall see -- it will be hard to save for an Alaska trip AND Disneyland....

I have to share this YouTube video....having all boys which are HUGE Star Wars, Pirates of the Carribbean and Indiana Jones fans....this was a fun find...I hope you enjoy it too!



I've JUST begun scrapbooking our vacation photos. The first will appear on June 15 as part of the RELAY RACE Blog Hop. Stay tuned....

No comments: